Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Following the heart...

Its 5AM in the morning. I had slept for 6 hours and I cant sleep anymore.
For the first time in more than a month, I find myself a little less loaded. Nothing much to do. Can afford to relax for a day. Take it easy. But then, before I know, I'm gonna be mired up in that mess to meet deadlines and getting the right work done.

Its a crazy life out here.
I finished registering courses for the next sem. As I sit and ponder, about the courses, I wonder. Am i here just because this degree is gonna make my resume look flashier and gimme a high paying job that'd probably require me to work 20 hours a day? Is that what I really want?

I remember making lofty statements in my applications about how I wanted to do this and that, but then I realise I'm doing the complete opposite of what I wrote about in my application. I have to follow the herd in a way, because the job is important to me. I need a job here. No two minds about it, but am I really going to enjoy it?
I have no idea. But something tells me, I might not.
I wanna do stuff that I feel comfortable doing but then there is this strong fear of not being able to land a job. Thats a strong driving factor in my choice of courses for the next semester.

I wanna follow the heart but the mind is a pretty strong influence too. I'm probably being ruled by the mind at the moment, but then am I gonna end up regretting my choice? I have no idea. Probably the idea is about finding the right balance. The first semester here is an eye opener. It did show me, how bad I am at stuff that I thought I was good at. I realise I have to unlearn stuff and start from scratch. That is the toughest part. Unlearning is very difficult. There is always a little left that is going to trouble you.
I hope at the end of this sem, which is 3 weeks away, I would be able to unlearn and relearn it all.

Waiting to complete this semester. Waiting to get back home.
Waiting for a lot of things.

As I write this, I just received a mail from I dunno who, supposedly an old classmate who I dont remember at all. He's planning on applying and is asking for suggestions. What do I tell him ? Come here and get lost in the multitude of dreamy eyed students, or come down here and make your own mark. How do I tell him that?
I'm not even sure, if I should be replying to his mail. I dont even know if I'm worthy of making suggestions to him. Do I ignore the mail? I dont know what to do. I'm lost.

Follow the heart, not the mind...


1 comments:

Pranav Kumar V said...

ITS ALL IN THE MIND!! The heart just follows!! It'll take you some place you WANT to be if you hang in long enough!!

As I read, I feel... the heart is just like a greater mind... something that's beyond reason and a place where all grass is green and you're sitting, your feet on your table, enjoying your caffè latte looking down on the rats in the race and smiling... But there's always someone smiling at us, doesn't really matter though!! I guess if the mind can follow the heart, that'll be a decent place to live in!!

But well, who knows. And when its time you'd be knowing-it-all, who'd care!! Damn you!! You started a whole new thread in my head as if the Java going through wasn't enough!! :P

See you when I see you... :D

P.S. when is home-coming??