Saturday, November 24, 2007

Luck-in' my exams

Superstitions !
Yeah right. Arent they the stuff for the deeply spiritual and religious souls ?

Well thats exactly what i thought before i realised my exam life is mired in superstitions too.
I'm surprised, actually very surprised that i could turn out to be so superstitious when normally all i do is laugh away at them.

Its now turned into a regular habit, every exam morning, i try to wake up at the same time, finish my chores in the same order, eat the same breakfast and then to top it all, wear the same clothes to college :D
Sheeesh. What a loser !

Eh. No wayz. I realised that when i end up doing it all similarly, i end up doing well in the exam or atleast, i can rest easy after the exams. The marks arent very good though but given my preparations, its atleast a bonus that i pass :)

when the folks at my place started noticing my weirdness, i was kinda tongue tied to explain it all. Embarassing as hell !
Mom thinks i'm possessed by some weird demons from Planet Zorks ;)
Dad thinks its his excuse for a bout of laughter therapy. Atleast, i'm making someone's day :p

During my last exam i realised i'm not the only one. I do have company. Couple of my mates were in the same clothes, for all the exams. See its not weird anymore ;)

I keep reading a lot about sportmen being highly superstitious and all. At first glance, all it warrants is a flick of the paper, but then when i realise i'm no different, its suddenly kewl.

I know most people who see me everyday, must be wondering about my sudden fetish for a particular set of clothes but then they must have realised. But still i have to make do with my fair share of weird glances most times.

btw during the course of my last exam, which happens to be my best so far, i found out that using a particular pen with the same ink, might turn out to be really lucky for me ;) So its 'ink-saving' time now :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks for adding me to 'my roll'.... its an honour!

my rock band turned into disaster...
the mics were badly tuned, the mixer and speakers sucked... some ass fixed 2 of the most powerful mics under the drums and fixed a really loud speaker to the distortion... and i got a mic that didn't work! and we produced the most awful noise ever heard in the college! FUBAR!

abt your new fetish for superstition.... i used to be like this. i always wrote my math exam with a red coloured pen and my english exam with a blue one and always played 'the one' by metallica before every exam. then my pens broke and my comp crashed and all the metallica songs i had got deleted. i still ended by doing my exams great! thats when i realised that it all depended on ur prep, conc., commitment, determination and stretchy elephants :p and lucky pens and stuff were just superstions..

anywayz all the best :)

Anonymous said...

ur perfectly right, but... the mic was set by a technician... its just that we had no idea that our show was his first encounter with a mic!(seriously... he even apologised for the disaster)

:)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.