Friday, November 28, 2008

The Mumbai Tragedy.

Terrible, Terrible Situation - Amitabh Bachchan

Enough has been said and the events that have unfolded over the past 48 hours have been described in vivid detail by the numerous news channels. Condolences pouring in from different corners of the world.

News coverages have been littered with faces of tearful friends and family members, relieved hostages who have been rescued, the masked faces of the hundreds of the Marine and the NSG Commandos... The sight has been overwhelming. It still is.

Everytime i switch on the news channels, I am confronted with conflicting reports on the many channels. One tells me Nariman House is cleared and another quotes the NSG head saying the place is still being swept. Why cant everyone give us consistent information. Why create havoc ? Why create false hopes ?

Where is the Home Minister?
Why cant I hear a word of assurance from those sitting in the upper echelons of power ?
Why cant I sleep without any fear of it happening again in my city ?
Why cant you tell me, its over ?
Where is everyone when we need you the most ?

You call yourself leaders, and you are the first one to cower down. The bloody cowards who hardly care about anything else once you have your way. Selfish leeches. I wonder what happens to those grandiose speeches and promise the heavens to the commoners during the times of elections. Have you suddenly lost your tongues ? Have you lost your loquaciousness ?

The disheartening part is that each and every one of you who dons the Neta cap is equally bad. I have lost hope in you. I dont think i can ever trust you with my safety. You guys suck.
Its time you've come out of your hiding. Cowards.

1 comments:

Pranav Kumar V said...

I have honestly given up any hope on any present leader doing what it takes to curb all this. And maybe its gone forever!! I just know, each one of us... you and me, will make the tomorrow that comes, and that I would like to be RESPONSIBLE for that tomorrow.

Am so glad you spoke when it really mattered!! :) Hope to see you around...See you when I see you...:):)