Thursday, August 03, 2006

introspection

Today, in college someone told me that i actually changed since my first year. i was taken aback. Me changed ? huh that sounds really interesting. The first thought that struck my head was to ask the guy to go jump.But then on further thought, i realised maybe that guy did make some sense.
Maybe what the guy was telling me was true. maybe i had changed. So i decided to do some introspection.

Well for starters, in my first year in Prod. i stood out like a sore thumb ( my height was also a reason ) ' cos i never bunked classes. Everyone went out to either play or return back home while i played the spoilsport and religiously attended classes. I even remember a day when i actually went to my Chem prof, when nobody was there and requested her to take a class. She said no,'cos i was the only one. That did upset me a bit but what cheered me up was the fact that i had actually earned some brownie points with her [;)]. Since that day she a mighty good impression on me and actually gave me my lab marks though i did nothing.

Then on another occasion (this is my fav.), the day of my fresher party, i actually attended college [>:)]. I went to my engg. drawing prof and told him, no one's actually attending 'cos they planned a mass bunk. The prof was so impressed with me that he immediately gave me attendance and made sure my attendance touched 96%. Great huh. later that day i was off to meet friends and party.
People might find my behavior disgusting, and they have every right to feel that that way (especially my prod. classmates) but what i did was selfish,no doubt, but then i didn't give a damn.

Also never in my first year did i ever step into the parking lot ( 'cos i was raggingphobic ). People thought of me as a serious misfit in the college. I actually escaped the ritual of ragging, by confronting some of those seniors and telling them to go to hell.
They didn't go to hell but they were surely pissed off to hell. But i don't give a damn now, ' cos i'm now in a different branch and the seniors here are different.

But coming back to that guy today, he noticed that now my attendance is actually only 56% (a drop of 42% from last year, whoa, i need to buck up ) and i'm actually spending more time in the BBC (basketball court) than in my classes.
He also thought the rest of the time ( when i'm not in the BBC) ,i'm found in the Parking lot. Then how come my attendance is 56% ??
Well whatever he says, i think its true that i've changed. I actually tease him in the bus (which i wldn't have dared to do in my 1st year ), and he didn't like that. Maybe i was wrong i teasing him but he did tell me some crucial info. that does make me realise that i've got to mend my ways.
I wldn't be as extremist as i was in my 1st yr. but now i've got to balance the good and the bad and also ensure that in the process i also have fun and enjoy myself.

Dude, i seriously owe u one.
btw the guy's name is Sandeep from C-1 2nd year.

0 comments: