Friday, October 19, 2007

Cruelty isnt confined to humans alone.
I realise that there are members of the animal community who sure do believe killing is a pleasure.

One fine morning i found three really cute kittens who could have hardly been a week old on my porch. They were beautiful. I so wanted to kiss them and stroke them. They remind u that alls not bad with this mad planet. The next thing i do is try to pick em up but they were prolly terrified by my appearance and they went into hiding. I went back inside and poured them my daily share of milk (mom has no idea :)). They did drink but only after they realised that i was far away. One of them was kind enough to let me handle her :) How she purred in my hands !
i had to rush to coll that morning, so decided to do something for them in the evening.

In the evening, the first thing i did after college was to rush up and check on them.
What i saw disgusted me. It was gross, gruesome, grotesque, horrible. Words fail me. One of the cuties was lying with one leg torn and an another a good 10 feet away from it. Its neck was severed. Cannibalistic sight.
Horror struck i tried finding the other two kittens and luckily they had found refuge beneath an old shelf rotting on my terrace. They were unscathed and alive. I tried reaching out to them but they wldn't venture out of the saftey of the cupboard.
I went back and tried cleaning up the mess myself. My mom would have freaked out and to compound it, shes allergic to cats. I was so unsuccessful. My mom caught me cleaning the remains of the kitten and she totally freaked out as expected. She made the servant maid clean up.
I tried persuading her to take the other two kittens into the house but she was having none of it. She did give me milk to give the poor guys and some fish too.
In the night just as i was about to hit the sack, i heard the kittens crying out. Horrified i rushed and found that there was this Big bad cat who was trying to reach the kittens and thats when i realised that he was the murderer. Bloody feline b1atch.

I managed to scare it away and fearing for the safety of the kittens, tried bringing them inside but they wldnt come out to me. So i did the next best thing. Gave them more milk and blocked them from coming out and ensured that the feline murderer cldnt reach them as well.

Next morning they were gone. No kittens, no Big Cat. i have no clue how they cld escape,but i sure do hope they are alive and well. I cant digest the fact that they might be dead too.
Please dont let them be !!

never thought i was capable of crying so much.

Animals are beautiful.
Please dont mistreat them. Please help animals in distress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they might be dead :(
cats...especially kittens dont attach themselves to people. they run around on the roads and kill themselves if their mother isnt around.... thats the way cats are. they just dont understand ur feelings..

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, btw! :)