Monday, October 01, 2007

ReDboX is here !

its official now

my internet connection sucks and how.
uploading those pics took urs truly 2 hours and then the power went bonkers in between implying that i need to start again. thus i've decided to chuck my plans of uploading those pics. newayz i managed to savage 2 pics and posted those :)
i wish i had better upload speeds. i still long for those days when i had a 4mbps upload speed and a 128kbps download :p
those were the days when none cared about upload and talk of ADSL was light years away.

another reason that kept me away from posting the pics sooner, actually THE reason, was i started to work on my project.
Finally after spending 57 hours and about 38 minutes, i can now boast about creating my own linux distribution. yipee !!!
though the thing is minimal and provides basic command line editing only, its a start nonetheless and a platform for me to build my own distro.
Now the only problem , i have left is to get that thing to college. I'm now trying real hard to create a live CD but my ubuntu install is history :((

p.s. i christened my distro ReDboX ;)

Shaastra 07 at IIT-M is this week, and i'll have to leave soon. I've got to win something this time, its been too long since i've won anything major :(
Heres wishing me the best of luck :)

hopefully i can bear Chennai this time, last time was ..........

btw i used LFS to create the linux install :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what was Chennai like last time?

and i see u cook really well. :P

and yeah! i was totally totally in love with the way United played Chelsea. But i am still the neutral fotball fan, that i have always claimed to be.

and ur laptop looks BEAUTIFUL! is that a multimedia laptop? write something more about it and get some more pics.

all the best for Shaastra.
Hope Chn is good to u this time. may it rain, may the water taste good, may the traffic not scare the hell out of u! :)

Anonymous said...

yo! how was shaastra?

i am not going to ask u abt chn... i know that the weather's been terrible!